WORKSHOP AM WORLD USABILITY DAY 2010
Define UX design strategy:
• Video clips from a cross-section of experts talking about UX design strategy and what it means for them. Provide a definition at the end of it.
• Enlist aspects of design strategy.
Getting into Specifics:
• Review some examples where design and business strategy have come together effectively.
• Review some cases how business strategy can affect design and hence the product/service.
• Discuss costs, time, quality, cost of failure, lost opportunities, uncertainty/risks, and customer satisfaction and what these mean to ROI
• Discuss how UX design strategy influences and works with overall product strategy and hence development? ( Iterative nature of design, development, testing)
• Identifying educational touch points for communication and establishing common understanding of UX across team. Role play and practice socializing UX across stakeholders and product teams
• Adapting and customizing design process to overall product development process
• Adopting appropriate user research techniques to inform strategic questions, to learn about potential opportunities and missed opportunities? Video clips from experts sharing their experiences.
• Leveraging technology and its impact on UX
• Discuss design deliverables and necessary documentation to support development. Provide handouts of samples.
• Symptoms that indicate that the design strategy has not been defined clearly.
• Provide tools for design acceptance, baseline UX measurement, and continued measurements.
• Identifying success criteria and contribution to KPI. Participatory exercise with sample cases/projects.
Scoping, Growing UX, and other support:
• Discuss scoping, resource modeling and staffing. (In-house teams, vendors, outsourcing, fixed bid models, time & materials model)
• Creating UX maturity model
• How design supports marketing and sales to achieve desired business milestones (multi-channel marketing and sales).